Mango, Lime and Coconut Ice Cream was a beautiful accompliment to the Strawberry Vegan Chocolate Brownie. The two sound quite strange but they went well together. Mangos, as I have mentioned in previous posts, are full of minerals, vitamins and nutrients. The ‘king of fruits’ as they are known can help to prevent and fight cancer and lower cholesterol. This is because mangos have high levels of fibre, pectin and vitamin C that helps to lower the serum cholesterol levels.
Mangos can help to clear clogged pores and elimate pimples and they are great for alkalizing the whole body. The tartaric acid, malic acid and a trace of citric acid found in the fruit can help to maintain the alkali reserve in the body.
Limes are the next main ingredient that are a fantastic fruit and deserve to be in the limelight. No pun intended! Many scientists are researching ways to incorporate limes into medicines and herbal formulas. Limes can help to keep your heart healthy because they contain loads of antioxidants that keep your arteries healthy and clean arteries are essential for carrying blood from your heart to the other organs of the body.
These fruits offer a blast of important vitamins and minerals similar to other fruits. There are many ways to eat mangos and limes. I like to add mangos to a smoothie or a fresh fruit salad with cinnamon and a pinch of vanilla. Also I like to drink a bit of lime juice in the morning with my lemon and ginger water. However, both fruits taste fantastic in this ice cream so please give it a try.
- Chopping board
- Sharp knife
- Food processor or stick blender and bowl
- Tupperware box or ice lolly moulds
- Mango x 200g fresh or frozen
- Lime x 1 plus zest and juice
- Coconut Milk x 400mls or 1 tin
- Cashew nut butter x 2tbsp
- Honey x 2tbsp
- Place all the ingredients into the food processor or bowl.
- Then pulse if you like your ice cream with mango pieces in or blend if you like it smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a tupperware box and put in the freezer for six hours or more.
- Stir every hour until it sets.
- If using ice lolly moulds then please do not worry about stirring.
The ice cream is delicious served on its own or with my Strawberry Vegan Chocolate Brownie recipe. It is also great as an ice lolly and my son loves them. As always, when trying this recipe, please enjoy!