The Breakfast Pizza Pancake is based on the strawberry and avocado toast recipe from the Sarah Wilson book, ‘I Quit Sugar For Life’. In this book, Sarah uses sourdough or gluten-free bread but I was inspired by my own Pizza Pancakes recipe. So I decided to used the base from that recipe instead. Once again, this recipe called for three ingredients plus the pancake mix which uses chickpea flour.
For the topping I am using cream cheese, strawberry and avocado. Avocados and strawberries are amazing fruits and have a lot of health benefits for the body. The avocado is packed full of vitamins, minerals and nutrients. (Twenty to be precise). They contain high levels of vitamin E, iron and potassium. It is believed by many that although they are fat, it is mainly the monosaturated type, which can help to lower bad cholesterol. Eating avocados in the diet has been proven by numerous studies to help decrease the risk of obesity, diabetes, heart disease and overall mortality, whilst promoting a healthy complexion and hair, increased energy and overall weight.
Strawberries can also help to protect you against various diseases if eaten as part of a healthy diet. Known in Asian countries as ‘The Queen of Fruits’ because it is packed with health benefits. Strawberries are considered one of the healthiest fruits in the world. They are packed with antioxidants that can help to lower your blood pressure and protect your heart. The heart shaped beauties also hold lots of essential vitamins and minerals. The health benefits of strawberries include improved eye care, proper brain function, relief from high blood pressure, arthritis, gout and various cardiovascular dieases.
The Breakfast Pizza Pancake is a quick, simple and healthy recipe for a family or a single person always on the move. It takes no time at all to prepare and can be ready in minutes. A breakfast that is easy to make and eat is a great start to the day in my book.
- Measuring jug
- Frying pan
- Fish slice
- Chopping board
Ingredients for pancake mixture
- Chickpea flour x 200g
- Rude Health Brown Rice Milk x 200mls
- Eggs x 2 large (preferably organic)
- Coconut oil x enough for the frying pan
Ingredients for the topping
- Strawberries x 4 large handfuls
- Avocado x 1 large
- Full fat cream cheese x 8 tbsp
- Honey (optional)
- Start by weighing and measuring your ingredients for your pancake mixture.
- Then mix together the chickpea flour, brown rice milk and eggs in the jug with the whisk.
- Heat the frying pan on a hot temperature and if it gets too hot during the cooking process turn down to a medium heat. It will start to smoke if it’s too hot.
- Add a teaspoon of coconut oil to the pan and brush round to spread it evenly on the base.
- Pour in about a quarter of the mixture and pick up the pan to spread the mix evenly over the base.
- When the pancake starts to dry out flip it over. Repeat this process four times or until you have used up the mix.
- Next cut the avocado in half and de-stone.
- Scoop out the flesh and mash in a bowl with a fork.
- Hull the strawberries and cut into strips.
- Spread two tablespoons of cream cheese onto the pancakes.
- Then spread the mashed avocado onto the pancakes and then sprinkle the slices of strawberries over the top.
- Place under a hot grill for about five minutes or until the cheese starts to melt.
- Drizzle honey over the top for extra sweetness if you like.
- Finally serve on a plate and enjoy.
These pizza pancakes can be enjoyed for breakfast any day of the week. They could also make a brilliant dessert, or if made smaller, a pick-me-up snack in the afternoon. To make it quicker in the morning, you could make the pancake mix the night before. Or if you have time, make the pancakes. Which means all you would need to do is add the topping. These are also great for one or two person families because the pancakes and the mix freeze well. However you want to make these yummy Breakfast Pizza Pancakes, as always, we hope you enjoy.