On a Saturday morning in this house we love nothing more than a great breakfast. Normally, we always have a smoothie to go with it. As spring is on its way and the weather is getting slightly warmer I have been looking for alternatives to the summer fruit smoothies.
Coconut water is so yummy when fruit is added that I had to include it in this drink. It’s packed with antioxidants, amino acids, enzymes, B-complex vitmains, vitamin C and minerals like iron, calcium, potassium, magnesium, manganese and zinc. The micronutrients in coconut water help boost the immune system. To reap the maximum benefits, try fresh and pure coconut water. As well as having lots of nutritional benefits, coconut water is an excellent thirst quencher. It is also good at lowering high blood pressure and is ideal for weight loss.
Winter fruit smoothie is a quick and easy recipe to make for everyone. It will take no time at all to make in the morning or night before and can be drunk on the go. We enjoy smoothies not only at breakfast in this house but as part of a larger meal or as an afternoon pick me up. They are a great alternatives to a cup of tea or coffee in the morning. Smoothies can help to kickstart your system first thing.
Makes 750 mls
- Nutribullet or food processor
- Measuring jug
- Jug or bottle to transfer to
- Coconut water x 500 mls
- Blueberries x 1 large handful
- Raspberries x 1 large handful
- Fresh Apple juice or bottled x 250mls
- Cinnamon x 1 tsp
- Start by measuring the liquids.
- Add 450mls of the coconut water and the apple juice to the food processor or Nutribullet.
- Along with the blueberries, raspberries and cinnamon.
- Blend together.
- Pour the blended ingredient in the jug or bottle.
- Finally add the rest of the coconut water.
- Put a lid or cap on and shake until the extra water and fruit mixture have blended.
- Serve by pouring into a glass and enjoy.
We love making this recipe in our Nutribullet as it makes the drink really smooth and creamy. Also I have tested this drink in our food processor and it was equally as good. Smoothies really are easy food that are healthy but delicious. They are a great on the go food that can be made in minutes. If you decide to make this dish, as always, please enjoy.