Baked Toffee Apple is a delicious after dinner treat. My son and husband love apple crumble or any desserts with apple in them. So I knew that when I thought of this idea they would enjoy eating this dish. My husband is not keen on eating apples but he will eat an apple pudding. Ted has just started to like apples but he will also eat anything apple pudding.
Apples are one of the most popular and delicious fruits on the planet. They can be eaten off the tree or in a variety of dishes. Apples can be baked, minced, mashed, frozen or even dried into chips as a healthy snack. They have a wealth of vitamins, minerals and nutrients and organic compounds found in them. These important nutritional elements include vitamin C, vitamin K, vitamin B6 and riboflavin as well as minerals like potassium, copper, manganese and magnesium. Apples are also a great source of dietary fibre.
Eating an apple a day will not only keep the doctor away but can improve digestion, prevention of stomach disorders, gallstones, constipation, liver disorders, amenia, diabetes, heart disease, rheumatism, eye disorders, a variety of cancers and gout. They also help in improving weakness and provides relief from dysentary. Finally, they aid in dental care and skincare.
- Apple corer
- Chopping board
- Sharp knife
- Yorkshire pudding tin or muffin tin
- Grease proof paper
- Small bowl or jug
- Apples x 4
- Medjool dates x 4 – 8
- Maple syrup x 4 – 8 tbsp
- Coconut cream 4 – 8 tbsp plus extra for serving
- Cinnamon – 1 tsp
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Core the apple using the apple corer on the chopping board.
- Next roughly chop the dates using the knife.
- Cut the grease proof paper into squares about 10 cm wide.
- Repeat four times.
- Put each piece of paper into the yorkshire pudding or muffin tin.
- Then put the cored apples into each hole of the tin where the paper has been placed.
- Stuff with the chopped dates, 1 – 2 dates each depending on the size of the apple hole.
- Any leftover spread evenly around the apples.
- Mix the maple syrup, coconut cream and cinnamon, then pour the liquid evenly over the apples. Try to get as much down the apple hole as possible.
- Finally bake in the oven for about 25 – 30 mins.
- Serve with the leftover coconut cream and enjoy.
Baked Toffee Apple is a quick, simple and easy dessert. It’s a great dish for kids and grown ups. These delicious toffee apples are so quick to make they could be part of a mid week treat. My boys both enjoyed it on a Sunday evening but it could be a really easy pudding to make for your family at any time of the week. However you decide to eat this recipe, as always, please enjoy.