Winter Berry Blast Smoothie is a great breakfast to kick start your inner engine in the morning or it could make a fantastic pick me up in the afternoon. We all need to look after our bodies all year round but now that the very cold weather has set in, we need to care for ourselves slightly more. So this smoothie is packed with ingredients that are great care givers for the body.
Avocados are very nutritious and they have 20 different vitamins and minerals. They are loaded with healthy fats, fibre and various important nutrients. Avocado is a fruit because it has a stone in the middle of it. So this fruit is very high in potassium which should support healthy blood pressure levels. Foods high in fibre can help with weight loss and metabolic health when eaten in moderation. They are filled with nutrients many of us are lacking in the modern diet.
Prunes or dried prunes can also help our bodies in numerous ways. They are packed full of nutrients, minerals and vitamins. They are considered to be one of the healthiest foods available. Prunes are able to relieve constipation, provide antioxidants protection, prevent premature aging, promote cardiovascular health, reduce the risk of cancer and osteporosis. They are a powerful food for the body.
Avocados and prunes are two ingredients I never thought I would put together in a smoothie. However, these combined with cinnamon, nuts, seeds, berries, bananas, oat milk, spinach and wheatgerm makes a delicious smoothie. It’s creamy and smooth. A very healthy breakfast or snack for those busy people.
- Sharp knife
- Chopping Board
- Nutribullet or Food processor (We bought both of these products on Amazon.co.uk.)
- Avacodo x 1/2
- Banana x 1
- Prunes x 4 – 6
- Brazil nuts x 4 – 5 large
- Mixed seeds x 2tbsps (Your choice)
- Blueberry x 1 large handful
- Blackberries x 1 large handful
- Coconut Water x 200mls
- Spinach x 1 large handful
- Wheatgerm x 1 tsp
- Cinnamon x 1 tsp
- Local honey x 1 tsp (optional)
- Start by cutting your avocado in half and leaving the stone in the other half.
- Put that in a tupperware box and store in the fridge until you want to use it.
- Add the half with no stone to the Nutribullet or food processor.
- Along with the banana, brazil nuts, mixed seeds, prunes, berries, coconut water, spinach, wheatgerm, cinnamon and/or local honey.
- Blend all the ingredients together.
- Pour into a glass or drink from the Nutribullet cup and enjoy.
As I mentioned earlier, this is a great breakfast or a lovely afternoon pick me up. It’s very quick, simple and easy to prepare, make and enjoy. If you have limited time in the morning like me, then you could make the breakfast the night before and store it in the fridge. It’s a good one to just take out and eat immediately. However you decide to eat this dish, as always, please enjoy.