Easter is on its way and being a lover of chocolate I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to write about these delicious rice cakes. Ted is now at an age where he can help me in the kitchen so making these yummy rice cakes and eating them afterwards was a great treat. The recipe uses ingredients that are full of health benefits and the raspberries give them an extra zing.
Raspberries are rich in vitamins, antioxidants and fibre. Also the delicious fruit has excellent sources of vitamin C, manganese and dietary fibre. They are rich in vitamin B, folic acid and iron as well. These yummy fruits can help to stop the growth of cancer and eliminate the progress of some cancers. They can also help with weight loss and take proper care of your skin while aging. Berries are easy to include in your diet. Raspberries are great eaten raw, we eat them frozen in this house or you can add them to recipes. Ted and I eat them in my Blueberry, Raspberry and Banana Porridge or we love to drink them in my Winter Fruit Smoothie.
Our new favourite recipe for raspberries are these delicious Raspberry Rice Crispy Cakes. The fruit does add a different texture and flavour to the cakes. They are also great for kids to help make during those Easter holidays. The video of how to make the rice crispy cakes will be on my You Tube Channel tomorrow (13th April 2017). So watch out for it. Until then enjoy making this recipe.
- Zip lock bag
- Large mixing bowl
- Cupcake cases
- Baking tray x 2
- Grease proof paper
- Coconut oil x 150g
- Coconut sugar x 100g
- Coconut cream x 200mls
- Raw cacao powder x 75g
- Frozen raspberries x 200g
- Brown Rice Puffs x 200g
- Start by putting the coconut sugar, oil, cream and raw cacao powder into the saucepan on a medium heat on the hob.
- Stir until all the ingredients dissolve into a melted chocolate.
- It should take around five minutes.
- Keep stirring otherwise it may get stuck to the bottom of the pan.
- Put the frozen raspberries into the zip lock bag and crush with a spoon.
- By the way this is a great job for a kid.
- Now put the crushed raspberries and rice puffs together into the large mixing bowl.
- Pour over the chocolate mixture.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Another great job for the kids to do.
- Now place the cupcakes cases into the baking tray and spoon in the chocolate mixture into each one.
- When all the cases are filled, place the baking tray into the fridge and leave for a couple of hours or overnight.
- Wait for them to harden and eat as desired.
These raspberry rice crispy cakes are not only great at Easter but can be made at any time of the year. They also make a great present for a friend or family member. These are great to make with kids during the holidays or at weekends. They are simple and easy but healthy too. A great way to entice your children into eating the healthier chocolate. However you decide to enjoy them, as always, enjoy.