Smoothies are a fantastic fast breakfast that are simple and easy. For me, it’s a breakfast in minutes with lots of healthy ingredients in it too. Recently I have been experimenting with different fruits and when I found the frozen tropical fruits in my local supermarket I wondered what they would taste like in my smoothies.
Tropical fruit has many health benefits but pineapple is a great fruit for me. For many years, I have suffered with gum disease and I have been attempting to cure it as naturally as I can. Pineapples are great for people with gum disease. The delicious fruit has astringent properties which strengthen your gums and ensure that your teeth do not become loose.
Astringent agents help to tighten up tissues and tone the body so hair loss and muscle weakness or skin loosening does not occur. Pineapples are very powerful and are often prescribed as a natural remedy to fix loosening of teeth or for the retraction of gums. So I’m now finding new ways to put pineapple into my system to save my teeth and gums. Choc Tropical Fruit Smoothie is a great way and it tastes amazing. Well worth a try.
- Sharp knife
- Chopping Board
- Nutribullet or Food processor (We bought both of these products on Amazon.)
- Avocado x 1/2
- Banana x 1
- Medjool dates x 3 – 4
- Pecans x 8 – 10
- Chia seeds x 2 tsps
- Hemp seeds x 2 tsps
- Pumpkin seeds x 2 tsps
- Frozen Tropical Fruit x 1 handful
- Or tropical fruit, like mango, pineapple and papaya
- Coconut Milk x 200mls
- Spinach x 1 large handful
- Wheatgerm x 1 tsp
- Raw cacao powder x 1 tbsp
- Cinnamon x 1 tsp
- Local honey x 1 tsp (optional)
- Start by cutting your avocado in half and leaving the stone in one half.
- Put that in a tupperware box and store in the fridge until you want to use it.
- Add the half with no stone to the Nutribullet or food processor (having removed the skin first, of course!).
- Along with the banana, pecans, seeds, frozen tropical fruit, medjool dates, coconut milk, spinach, wheatgerm, raw cacao powder, cinnamon and/or local honey.
- Blend all the ingredients together.
- Pour into a glass or drink from the Nutribullet cup and enjoy.
Choc Tropical Fruit Smoothie is a variation on my other smoothies on this blog. I’m always searching for new ingredients to change recipes I’ve made previously and this is a new recipe that I’m really happy with. Smoothies make a great breakfast or snack. They can be made in the morning or the night before and stored in the fridge until ready to eat. So if you really don’t have anytime in the morning making it the night before will mean you get breakfast in the morning. They are also a great on the go breakfast so can be taken with you. However you decide to drink this smoothie, as always, please enjoy.