Burgers are a really quick dinner for me that use very few ingredients. There are not a lot of ingredients needed to make a burger tasty. Tomato and basil are two of my favourite ingredients and I wondered how they would taste with turkey mince. Therefore, I decided to experiment and use these ingredients to make burgers.
Tomatoes are an excellent source of vitamins, minerals and nutrients. However, they have exceptional amounts of vitamin C. The red glossy fruit is packed full of vitamin C. It’s one of many nutrients important for good health. The vitamin C in tomatoes can help to benefit the nervous system, maintain healthy tendons and ligaments and supports the metabolism.
When I served this simple and easy recipe to my family their plates were clean by the end of the meal. I love a meal that is uncomplicated to achieve but I know my little family will enjoy. It was a delicious dinner that everyone enjoyed but it was effortless to achieve. Well worth a try.
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Large mixing bowl
- Turkey mince x 500g
- Leek x 1 large
- Garlic x 2 cloves
- Carrot x 1 small
- Tomato puree x 4 tbsp
- Basil x 1 handful
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°.
- Start by chopping the leek and the garlic.
- Grate the courgette into the large mixing bowl.
- Next rip the basil with your hands.
- Now add all of the ingredients to the mixing bowl and mix together.
- Use your hands to mix the turkey and other ingredients.
- When they are all mixed together seperate them into four even parts.
- Shape the parts into burgers and put them on the baking tray.
- Put into the oven for around 25 – 30 mins.
- Once cooked remove and serve with chips and salad.
My sweet potato chips are really yummy with these burgers. It’s a meal that can be made in about 40 – 45 minutes. For really busy people they can be made and frozen at the weekend. Then you can defrost on the day of cooking and all you need to do is make the chips and salad. So this dish can be made into a super fast meal. However you decide to enjoy this meal, as always, enjoy.