Sticky Lemon Chicken is a very easy dinner that is a great meal for a family. It’s so simple to do and the main part of the dish is made in advance of the meal. So it’s a really quick dinner to get in the oven and on the table. When I served it to my family the other day, all the plates were cleared by the end of the meal. Plus this meal has lots of healthy ingredients that will help your little mob with their vitamins, minerals and nutrients.
Lemon is one of the main ingredients in this dish and it gives the meal a refreshing flavour. The lemon is packed full of nourishing vitamins like vitamin C, B6, A and E and it also contains folate, niacin, thiamin, riboflavin, copper, calcium, iron, magnesium, zinc and protein. It can help to prevent diabetes, constipation, high blood pressure, fever, indigestion and many other problems, as well as improving the skin, hair and teeth.
The juice of a lemon has several health benefits associated with it. Lemon juice is a useful treatment for kidney stones, reducing strokes and lowering blood pressure. Lemons are well known for their medicinal power and used in many different ways. So including more lemons at dinner time will help the whole family. Well worth a try!
- Garlic crusher
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Large mixing bowl
- Baking tray
- Chicken drumsticks and/or thighs x 8
- Lemons x 2 (juice)
- Olive oil x 4 tbsp
- Honey x 4 tbsps
- Garlic x 4 cloves
- Thyme x 1 small handful
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Start by crushing the garlic and put it into the large mixing bowl.
- Slice the lemons and squeeze the juice into the mixing bowl.
- Add the honey and the olive oil.
- Next add the thyme leaves by stripping the leaves from the stem.
- To do this hold the thyme at the top and pull down on the stalk.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Now put in the fridge for six hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 180° and put the baking tray in.
- Once the oven is preheated remove the baking tray and add in the chicken.
- Put back in the oven and cook for about 25 – 30 minutes
- To check it’s cooked put a skewer in the chicken and if the juices run clear the chicken is cooked.
- Serve with sweet potato chips which can be cooked at the same time as the chicken, salad and enjoy.
Again, Sticky Lemon Chicken is a great meal for the family and my little lot really enjoyed eating it. It’s easy food that is tasty and simple. The marinade can be made, put on the chicken and frozen in advance of a meal too. I love spending time in my kitchen but I also love saving myself time. Meals like this are great because they take no time at all to prepare and they are also quick to the table too. However you decide to eat this meal, as always, enjoy!
What meals do you enjoy that are quick and easy? Let me know in the comments below.