Gluten Free – Dairy Free – Egg Free – Nut Free – Vegan
Spiky on the outside and sweet on the inside. Pineapples are a delicious fruit and when fried in coconut sugar and cinnamon they become a mouthwatering dessert. In a previous blog I have put pineapple into a fried fruit recipe which is yummy. However I rediscovered coconut sugar and I thought it would be a great sweetener with pineapple.
Pineapples are a very sweet and juicy fruit which has been celebrated for years. It’s not only a unique fruit but it also has amazing health benefits. Pineapples can help with improving the immune system, respiratory health and digestion, strengthening the bones, reducing inflammation, curing coughs and colds and weight loss. Plus they are a powerhouse of nutrients, vitamins and minerals. These include potassium, copper, manganese, calcium, magnesium, vitamin C, beta carotene, thiamin, vitamin B6 and folate as well as soluble and insoluble fibre.
So pineapples are a super healthy fruit that taste brilliant in this dessert. My husband and I love having this on a Sunday after our dinner as a sweet treat. We have started to eat coconut yogurt occasionally and it compliments the pineapples very well. It’s a vegan dessert which is full of flavour and sweetness. Well worth a try.
- Sharp knife
- Chopping Board
- Frying pan
- Plastic brush
- Pineapple x 1 large
- Coconut sugar x 2 tbsp
- Cinnamon x 1 tsp
- Coconut oil x 2 tsp
- Coconut yogurt or cream x 50 mls
- Maple syrup x 4 tsp (optional)
- Start by chopping the top and the bottom of the pineapple off.
- Then remove the side of the pineapple.
- Next chop the pineapple in half and then into quarters.
- Remove the core by cutting it away from the fleshy part of the pineapple.
- Slice the quarters in half lengthways and then chop into pineapple chunks.
- Put the frying pan onto a high heat and add in the coconut oil.
- Spread around the base of the pan with the plastic brush.
- Wait for the pan to get hot and then add in the pineapple chunks.
- Add in the coconut sugar and cinnamon as well.
- Fry until the pineapple starts to soften and go golden in colour.
- Once it’s a golden colour, remove from the heat and serve evenly into four bowls.
- Spoon the yogurt onto the pineapple and add maple syrup if not sweet enough.
- Finally, serve and enjoy.
Fried Pineapple and Coconut Yogurt is a great recipe. Once the pineapple is cut into chunks it should take no more than 5 – 10 minutes to make this dessert. So it’s a great dish for a dinner party or an after dinner treat for the kids. My son is not the biggest fan of this dessert but we are working on it. However, it’s quick, simple and easy to do. You could prepare the pineapple before making the meal and store in the fridge. Or you could use frozen pineapple. The decision is yours my friends. However you decide to eat this dish, as always, enjoy.
What’s your favourite dessert with fruit in? Let me know in the comments below and maybe I can make it for you.