Sweeeeet Turkey Burger but before we begin if you are new to my blog and love recipes and blog posts then I upload three times a week on a Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 7 am (GMT). So don’t forget to like this blog and follow me on here for loads of FREE recipes and more.
Turkey is a great lean meat that I feel tends to be forgotten after Christmas has finished. Our family enjoy eating it all year round. Turkey is a rich source of protein and has plenty of iron, zinc, potassium and phosphorus. It is also a good source of vitamin B6 and niacin. These vitamins are essential for the body’s energy levels.
Sadly, supermarket bought turkey can be high in sodium and this meat, particularly prepackaged slices, can be processed and contain other substances. That’s why, if we can, we always try to buy organically. I know from speaking to the butcher that the turkey meat we buy will have been treated humanely and is less likely to contain pesticides and herbicides.
If you do buy meat from the butcher it’s always good to speak to them about where the meat has come from. If they are a good butchers they will know all about the products they are selling. Once you’ve bought good quality or organic turkey mince you can come home and make these delicious burgers.
- Large mixing bowl
- Vegetable peeler
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Baking tray
- Turkey Mince x 500g (preferably organic)
- Onion x 1
- Carrot x 1 large
- Garlic x 2 cloves
- Apple and Pear Puree x 2 tbsp
- Smoked paprika x 1 tsp
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Start by slicing the ends from the carrot then peel and grate it.
- Cut the ends of the onion, peel the outer layer and chop finely.
- Next, peel and slice the garlic.
- Put these ingredients into the bowl along with the turkey mince, apple and pear puree and smoked paprika.
- Then add salt and pepper to taste.
- Using your hands mix all these ingredients together.
- Finally make into four burgers and put into the baking tray.
- Place in the oven for around 25 – 30 minutes.
- Once cooked, cut one of the burgers open to make sure the turkey is cooked all the way through.
- Serve with chips and salad and enjoy.
These Turkey Burgers are delicious and best served with my Homemade Mayonnaise. My husband Howard and son Ted both loved these burgers. The burgers are sweet and juicy. Plus they tasted great with the homemade mayonnaise, chips and salad. Burgers are great to make when you get the mince home from the supermarket and then you can freeze them for a yummy quick mid week meal. I find life so much easier when I have a meal to pull from the freezer. However you decide to eat these burgers, as always, enjoy.
What are your favourite burgers and how do you like to eat them? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and subscribe.