As a child growing up in the 80’s, Neopolitan ice cream was all the rage. We would have this as a treat on a Saturday night after my Dad’s burgers and chips. Although I love chocolate, I was never a big fan of the chocolate part of this ice cream. I loved the vanilla and raspberry best.
When I was shopping a few weeks ago, I ended up in the ice cream section, where I saw this dessert once again. I thought about how I could make it and then I thought I would turn it into a cheesecake. My cousin came to visit so I decided it would be a good time try it on my family.
However, my cousin doesn’t like raspberries and so I had to make this one with strawberries. By the way, it should really look pinker. My lovely husband named it ‘The Anaemic Neopolitan Cheesecake’. Although, he ate a whole slice and said it was delicious. Everyone else enjoyed it too. It’s a yummy version of the ice cream and well worth a try.
Serves 8 – 10
- Sharp small knife
- Small knife
- Chopping Board
- Food processor
- Juicer or fork
- Small pan
- Stirring spoon
- Spring loaded cake tin
Ingredients for the base
- Pecans x 150g
- Dates x 150g
- Raw cacao powder x 50g
- Coconut oil x 50g
Method for base
- Start by removing the stones from the dates and set aside.
- Put the small pan on the hob on a low to medium heat and add in the coconut oil.
- Stir until melted but not cooking
- Place the dates, pecans, and raw cacao powder into the food processor.
- Pour over the coconut oil as evenly as possible.
- Blend all of the ingredients together.
- They should resemble bread crumbs.
- Finally, spread the base on the bottom of the cake tin as evenly as possible.
- Pat it down to compact it into the base.
- Put it in the fridge for at least two hours.
Ingredient for the Raspberry Cream Cheese
- Raspberries x 1 handful plus a few extra to decorate
- Cashew Nuts x 250g
- Coconut milk x enough to cover the nuts
- Tahini x 2 tbsp
- Lemon x 1
- Maple Syrup x 2 tbsp
- Coconut oil x 100g
- Start by soaking the cashew nuts in enough milk to cover them.
- Store them in the fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Put the raspberries into the food processor.
- Add in the soaked cashew nuts, tahini, maple syrup and coconut oil.
- Cut the lemon in half and juice with the juice or folk.
- Blend all the ingredients together until a smooth paste is formed.
Ingredients for the vanilla cream
- Coconut cream x 200mls
- Maple syrup x 2 tbsp
- Vanilla powder x 1/4 tsp
- Pour the coconut cream into a bowl.
- Add in the maple syrup and vanilla powder.
- Mix these ingredients together.
- Leave in the fridge overnight to harden.
Method for putting the toppings and base together
- Remove the already made base from the fridge.
- Then spread the raspberry cashew nut cream cheese over the base as evenly as possible.
- Put the cheesecake back into the fridge and leave for six hours at least or overnight preferably.
- Once the vanilla cream is hard spread it over the raspberry cream cheese.
- Place it into the fridge until ready to eat.
- Serve and enjoy.
Vegan Neopolitan Cheesecake is an easy, no cooking dessert and don’t let the preparation time put you off. It may take a while to prepare but the results are worth it. Plus all the ingredients are freezable so you could make it in advance, freeze it and defrost a day before. For me this was such delight to have a version of neopolitan ice cream. It’s much richer but I also think much tastier too. However you decide to eat this meal, as always, enjoy.
What was your favourite ice cream flavour growing up? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me. Thank you. xxx