Breakfast in the Knibbs household is the most important meal of the day. We love it and if you haven’t noticed by now I really enjoy experimenting with food. We normally use sourdough bread to make french toast. The other day I made a fruit bread for my YouTube channel and I wondered how a slice or two would taste as French toast.
So we made it for a Saturday morning breakfast and my little family were really impressed. We all had clean plates at the end of the meal. My big bear and baby bear were full and happy after this breakfast. The dried fruit make this a very sweet but filling meal. Plus dipping the bread in the egg and milk mixture makes it soft and chewy. It’s a perfect way to start a busy Saturday.
- Small mixing bowl
- Bread knife
- Chopping board
- Measuring jug
- Fork or whisk
- Frying pan
- Fruit bread x 2 slices
- Eggs x 1 large
- Milk x 50ml
- Coconut oil for frying pan
- Honey or maple syrup
- Start by slicing your fruit bread bread in half.
- Then slice the slices in half again.
- In the mixing bowl crack the egg and add the milk.
- Whisk these ingredients together.
- Place the first slice of bread in the milk and leave to soak.
- (Turn over as fruit bread doesn’t tend to soak the mixture up as normal bread would do).
- Put the frying pan on a high heat.
- Once the pan is hot, add a teaspoon or two of the coconut oil.
- Spread evenly using the plastic brush over the base of the pan.
- When the pan is hot add the bread.
- Then add the other slice.
- Wait for the first slice to turn golden brown on one side and then turn over.
- As soon as the toast is a golden brown colour on both sides remove from the pan and put on the plate.
- Repeat this process until all the bread has gone.
- Once cooked add honey or maple syrup and enjoy.
Fruity French Toast is a very easy breakfast that doesn’t take long to prepare and it can be on the table in minutes. As I mentioned earlier, my son and husband devoured this dish. The Fruit Bread can be frozen in slices so when I need to make this recipe I simply take 4 slices from the freezer and defrost over night. In the morning I quickly make the milk and egg mixture and then dip the defrosted fruit bread and fry in a pan. It’s so simple. However you decide to eat this breakfast, as always, enjoy.
What’s your favourite breakfast and do you eat on the run or at the kitchen table? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me. Thank you. xxx