Chickpeas are a versatile food that I use in lots of my dishes. Although I have never just simply eaten a chickpea as a snack. So I thought I would try them with cumin seeds roasted in the oven. Cumin seeds are another food that I have started to include more in my dishes.
Cumin has many amazing health benefits and it’s very good at treating digestive problems. It is also a carminative which means it can relieve you from gas troubles and also improve digestion and appetite. Cumin can give relief to digestion issues and stomach aches due to its essential oils, magnesium and sodium content when taken with hot water.
For my recipes, I use both whole and ground cumin in a variety of dishes. The spice has a distinct warm and earthy flavour. It has a strong aroma so only a small amount of cumin is needed in my recipes to provide them with a powerful punch. Cumin can boast a number of important nutrients that can help keep you healthy. So when added to chickpeas it’s definitely a go to tasty snack.
- Baking tray
- Chickpeas x 1 400g tin
- Cumin Seeds x 1 – 2 tsps
- Olive oil x 1 – 2 tbsps
- Preheat the oven to 180° and put the baking tray in.
- Drain the chickpeas from the tin using the colander.
- Once the oven is preheated, remove the baking tray.
- Pour in the drained chickpeas and sprinkle over the cumin.
- Drizzle over the olive oil and toss these ingredients together.
- Put the baking tray back into the oven for 25 – 30 minutes.
- When the chickpeas are golden brown, remove them from the oven and leave to cool.
- Once cooled completely, serve and enjoy.
Roasted Chickpeas and Cumin are a great way to enjoy a healthy snack. The bonus about this little gem is they can be added to salads or any dish of your choice. They taste great with a warm green salad or they are great to eat as a mid morning or afternoon snack. These roasted chicken peas will also last a few days in an airtight container. However you decide to eat this snack, as always, enjoy!
What’s your favourite savoury snack? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me. Thank you. xxx